LBBW’s Singapore branch was opened in 1995 and is now an established contact point for companies and institutional customers from the entire Asia/Pacific region. From Singapore, LBBW continues to support subsidiaries of German and international companies on their way to the emerging markets in this region. As the most important branch in the Asia/Pacific region and a regional hub Singapore is also responsible for the other locations in the region.
Our Range of Services
- Working capital and investment financing, letters of credit and documentary collection, bank guarantees, fixed contributions, foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives
- Structured financing solutions for Asian blue chip customers. These include syndicated loans, Schuldschein loans, financing covered by Chinese and Korean export insurers and ECA-covered financing
- Issuing bonds for institutional banks, governments and agencies
- Providing investment opportunities in high quality debt securities in both primary and secondary markets
- Providing comprehensive advice on structured financing, placement of bonds on the primary markets, distribution of Schuldschein loans and more
- In addition to the coverage provided by most European ECAs, LBBW also finances exports covered by the Korean ECAs KSure/KEXIM
- Tailor-made long-term financing solutions for Korean importers
The German Centre Singapore is also a part of the LBBW network. Since its foundation in 1995, more than 500 companies have used the German Centre in Singapore as a starting point for their success stories in Asia.
3 Questions to Jens Ruebbert
We asked Jens Ruebbert, General Manager of LBBW Singapore Branch and Regional Head Asia/Pacic, about the people who use his services and what his customers expect.
1. Who uses your services and expertise?
We serve a wide range of corporate clients, i.e. from subsidiaries of German and other European companies, Asian large local corporates as well as large Asian Financial Institutions and Sovereigns.
2. What attractive options do customers often underestimate?
Embedded in a truly international bank, we are a strong partner in Asia/Pacific with in-depth expertise, excellent regional contacts, strong origination and execution capabilities combined with our regional network and well connected to regional and global capital markets.
3. How can you surprise customers?
With over 100 MW in financed wind energy projects in Vietnam, LBBW is the leading partner for structured export finance solutions and your financing partner of choice for renewable energy projects in Southeast Asia. Get in touch with us.
Your contact person
Jens Ruebbert has explored Asia for decades now. After stations in Hong Kong, Singapore, China and Vietnam the business administrator since 2018 manages the LBBW branch in Singapore and parallelly accounts for the LBBW representative offices in the Asa/Pacific region.
Regional Head Asia/Pacific
Phone.: +65 6562 7722
Fax: +65 6562 7729
79 Robinson Road
German Centres are the perfect place for German companies to spread their wings and grow their businesses in challenging markets. They benefit from a unique ecosystem with offices, advice and interaction opportunities.German Centre Singapore
Wherever you want to make a difference, LBBW is there. Our global international network comprises 17 locations in 16 countries.Find out more