In Seoul, LBBW has been offering a wide range of services and products for international companies and financial institutions since 2008. The branch in Seoul specializes in serving Korean export credit agencies and airlines.
Our Range of Services
- Providing advice on market entry and establishing contacts with local service providers
- Providing current economic information, also on financial market regulations
- Letters of credit and documentary collection
- Working capital and investment financing
- Treasury: Hedging interest and exchange rate risks and RFQs for FX swaps, forward transactions and fixed term deposits
- FI coverage: Coverage of Korean financial institutions (FI) and syndicated loans
- Providing capital market products such as MM products and FX/derivatives
- In addition to the coverage provided by most European ECAs, LBBW also finances exports covered by the Korean ECAs KSure/KEXIM
- Tailor-made long-term financing solutions for Korean importers
3 Questions to Sung-Goo Lee
We asked Sung-Goo Lee, Managing Director of LBBW Seoul Branch, who uses his services, what his customers expect – and how he can surprise them.
1. Who uses your services and expertise?
We provide financial services not only to DACH companies entering the Korean market but also Korean Large Local Corporates seeking international financing solutions. The Seoul branch is equipped with full-banking license in order to meet all the banking needs of our customers. Foreign invested companies benefit from our local expertise in pursuing their growth strategy while Korean customers can utilize our network in the Asia/Pacific region.
2. What attractive options do customers often underestimate?
LBBW’s strong balance sheet and our commitment in the Asia/Pacific region may sometimes be underestimated or even overlooked due to LBBW’s relatively short presence in the region. But thanks to our agility and customer focus, the underestimation is quickly turned into satisfaction when they work with LBBW Seoul. Also, the advantages of having a long standing parent company relationship in Germany should not be forgotten by DACH customers.
3. How can you surprise customers?
Our lean operational setup in Korea with dedicated professionals working around the clock globally, coupled with our high level of digitalization enables us to provide customers with high quality of deliverables within a quick response time. In other words: Our agile knowledgeable services match today’s global digital financial requirements.
Your contact person
Sung-Goo Lee manages the Korean LBBW’s branch since its opening in 2008. Lee made his MBA at Yonsei University and worked for several international banks before joining LBBW.
Phone +82 2 6730 0100
Fax +82 2 6730 0200
22th Floor, Seoul Finance Centre
#136, Sejongdaero, Chung-gu