When LBBW opened its representative office in São Paulo in 1998, its primary goal was to help German companies. Today, Cristian Oppen and his five-member team also help Brazilian companies to forge closer business ties with Germany.
Our Range of Services
- Providing information about the local market and its players
- Providing advice on market entry
- Facilitating contact with local authorities, bodies, associations, lawyers and banks
- Hub for neighboring countries (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia)
- Arranging guarantees for the financing of BNDES (Brazilian Development Bank)
- Arranging trade and syndicated loans and other capital market products
- Providing support for tailor-made long-term financing solutions with European ECA coverage
- Advice on questions regarding pre-export financing , import financing and working capital of European subsidiaries
3 Questions to Cristian Oppen
We asked Cristian Oppen, Chief Representative São Paulo, about the people who use his services, what his customers expect, and how he can surprise them.
1. Who uses your services and expertise?
The core business of LBBW is Export Finance focused on midsize to big importers of the region. From São Paulo we are a hub not only for Brazil but also for the countries in the Southern Cone. In this region, we adise European exports with the help of our export finance expertise and financing local companies when acquiring new European machinery. Furthermore, we keep supporting German companies and their subsidiaries with their demands in South America in an advisory capacity.
2. What attractive options do customers often underestimate?
We offer market competitive terms and conditions and combine it to the particular need of each client. Moreover, LBBW is very well related to many exporters and European Export Credit Agencies (ECAs), which assures a successful financing-close of our deals.
3. How can you surprise customers?
By an exclusive treatment that is almost tailor-made. LBBW keeps its word and finds solutions focused on the needs of its clients. The key to LBBW São Paulo’s success lays in a long-term relationship with the customer and our exclusive care on each case. We are present in Brazil for decades and this expertise brings reliability on every deal we do. The excellent network we have in Germany also cooperates for LBBW to be a global bank with regional roots, bringing comfort and credibility to our clients.
Your contact person
Cristian Oppen manages the LBBW’s office in São Paulo for many years now. The German-Brazilian manager uses the representative office as a turnstile for doing business also with companies in the neighboring countries Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia
Phone: +55 11 3704 7010
Representative Office São Paulo
Av. Nove de Julho, 5519-11˚andar
01407-200 Itaim-Bibi / São Paulo
Wherever you want to make a difference, LBBW is there. Our global international network comprises 17 locations in 16 countries.Find out more